Homepage Forums Public Introduce Yourself Anybody else in the LCS community using Lean Kata in their organisation

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Graham Canning 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Graham Canning
    • Total Posts 1

Hello everyone,

My name’s Graham Canning. I recently became accredited to LCS L3b. A fantastic learning process with great support from Simon and John at Cardiff, and my mentor, Mark Palmer from OEE consulting.

My dissertation was written about the vital role that a culture of being a ‘learning organisation’ has in the most successful lean deployments, and this particularly referenced the use of Lean Kata (or Toyota Kata, as Rother calls it). The dissertation included a survey of learning CI managers, who had very little knowledge or practical experience of Kata.

I’m interested to find out whether any of you are successfully using the approach, and how this might mean that you deviate from a ‘tools and techniques’ led ‘Push’ system to that where tools are ‘Pulled’ into a team area based on the deep understanding of the problem that the team develop.

If you have anything to share with me on this, it’d be great to hear from you. Alternatively, if you want to read my L3b paper, drop me your contact details and I’ll send it to you.

Look forward to sharing Kata experiences!

Stay lean.

Graham

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact LCS

Lean Competency Services Ltd
5 Clive Crescent
Penarth
Vale of Glamorgan, CF64 1AT
Wales, UK

Key Contacts

enquiries@leancompetency.org
elias@leancompetency.org

Sign-Up To Our Newsletter