Homepage Forums Public Questions and Answers Mapping Software

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eduardo Curros 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Simon Elias
    • Total Posts 30

Is it worth using mapping software to improve the effectiveness of this core activity?
    Many lean purists claim that you should avoid mapping software completely and keep it as simple as possible, by using a pencil and paper, plus a few post-its! The general argument is that the technology creates complexity, make the mapping task non-inclusive, mitigates against visuality, takes a lot of time and can end up costing a fortune. I’d like to know about the situations where has been used successfully and in what contexts it can be effective.

Eduardo Curros
    • Total Posts 2

Hi Simon,

I have heard a similar case in the U.S and other nations from previous work experience. In my experience, the easiest way to do mapping is via technology mapping with a custom template that actually allows us to view each system as a SIPOC but on a granular level. This is key when using platforms that call on reference data and systems that are antiquated but not yet retired in many lines of business, such as the famous Green Screens.

Please let me know if I maybe of service.

Regards,
    Eduardo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact LCS

Lean Competency Services Ltd
5 Clive Crescent
Penarth
Vale of Glamorgan, CF64 1AT
Wales, UK

Key Contacts

enquiries@leancompetency.org
elias@leancompetency.org

Sign-Up To Our Newsletter