The LCS - Why?
The LCS offers a solution for an organisation that wants its continuous improvement training accredited and endorsed, its staff to be rewarded and recognised for their lean knowledge and practical capability, reassurance that its lean training approach is robust, technically sound and well managed and that wants a flexible, university developed, lean qualification framework that offers a universal standard that is adopted widely.
The LCS offers a solution for the continuous improvement practitioner who wants an acknowledged and relevant lean qualification, a framework around which his or her lean competency can develop and improve, access to a practitioner community for networking and peer-to-peer learning and recognition for his or her lean expertise.
The Purpose of the LCS is:
- To promote the adoption of lean thinking (and related continuous improvement avenues of thought) in organisations in order to help improve operational effectiveness and achievement of purpose.
- To help practitioners better understand and apply lean thinking philosophy, tools and techniques so they can be more effective in their continuous improvement activities.
- To contribute to the development, application and understanding of lean thinking.
The LCS is a lean qualifications framework for organisations, practitioners, employees and all those whose work involves continuous improvement activity. The LCS framework has seven levels of competency and the system offers:
- Organisations a structure around which a lean training system or programme can be developed.
- Employees and practitioners an organised route for the development of their lean thinking capability, knowledge and practical skills.
- A collaboration and networking resource and peer-to-peer learning community for practitioners.
A prime use of the LCS is lean training system accreditation. This provides assurance that the system is relevant, well structured, appropriately resourced and effectively delivered; accreditation enables the organisation to issue LCS Certificates of Lean Competency to those who successfully complete programmes of lean training.
Click on the Our Downloads above to obtain summary information on key aspects of the LCS.