Upgrading form L2a to L2b
Practitioners who originally gained Level 2a via the Approved Prior Learning & Education (APLE) route, can upgrade to Level 2b by completing an application form and submitting a case study, using the links below.
Practitioners who originally gained Level 2a via an accredited organisation's programme can upgrade by completing a new Level 2 APLE application >>>
Refer to the Descriptor for Level 2 for competency profile expectations of those at Level 2a and 2b.
Complete an Application Form & Write Your Case Study
Click Application to access the application form
Click Case study to access the case study template.
- You can save a draft of the application or case studies to complete at a later time. Return to this page and click the application or case boxes. Ensure you are logged when you do this.
- There is a save draft button is at the foot of each page.
- A progress bar is shown at the top of each page; click on the bar to navigate to different pages.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a copy by email.
- After you have submitted your application and case, you will receive and an acknowledgment. You will normally receive the assessment of your application within ten working days.
- Files uploaded to the application are protected and nobody can access the files through the file’s URL nor be found by search engines.