The LCS Impact Awards
The LCS Impact Awards recognise excellence in the application of continuous improvement at an organisational, team and individual level.
They are awarded to organisations, teams and individuals who have demonstrated that a CI programme, project or initiative created real impact in terms of clear benefits that improved quality, cost or delivery performance and helped to achieve collective or individual purpose.
The Importance of Recognition
The LCS considers that employee recognition is one of the top drivers of employee engagement, plus it can be a differentiator for organisations in their employee value proposition and positively impact employee retention.
“When employees believe they will be recognised, they are 2.7x more likely to be highly engaged”.
2020 Employee Engagement Trends Report, https://www.quantumworkplace.com
Commonly quoted benefits include:
- Increased productivity
- Decreased employee turnover
- Greater employee satisfaction and enjoyment of work
- Improved team culture
- Higher loyalty and satisfaction scores from customers
- Increased retention of quality employees
- Decreased stress and absenteeism
“91% of employees say that a strong culture of recognition makes them want to work for a company”.
2020 Engagement & Retention Report, https://www.achievers.com/
LCS Impact Award Features
No runners up
In the spirit of Akio Toyoda’s words, there is no competition to receive an LCS Impact award. This differs from most conventional award schemes, where one entry is judged ‘best’, with other entrants runners up. The decision to confer an LCS Impact Award is based entirely on the value and impact created by the activity and that it has resulted in a ‘improved state’.
The awards are demand led, which means that an application can be submitted at any time and therefore, if successful, can be celebrated at the peak of its saliency and relevance to its community.
Individual & collective
Impact can be created at different scales and contexts, so there are three categories of awards, for 1) organisations, 2) teams and 3) individuals. The category is specified in the application form.
Applicants can define the specific classification of their award in their application. For example, this could relate to sustainability, cost savings, capacity release, income generation, employee engagement or knowledge transfer.
Tokens of recognition
Winners receive an award certificate and digital badge. The award is summarised in the LCS Impact Awards Showcase, which can be viewed by the public. The showcase is a permanent record of awards and describes each in detail. The digital badge can be used in promotional media and a special version can be displayed in an LCS member’s profile page.
Those seeking an award can apply directly or they could be nominated to apply by someone else – for example, a manager, colleague, advisor, customer or supplier.
There is no fee for making a nomination or application.
- The Impact Awards are open to any organisation, team or individual that are applying continuous improvement.
- Organisations, teams or individuals can be nominated by a member of their community or can apply directly.
- An online application form is completed, which captures information on the “what, why, when, how, where and who” of the activity.
- The precise nature of the impact is detailed in the form, along with stakeholder endorsement and sustainability aspects. Supporting files and documents can be appended to the application.
- An application or nomination can be made at any time – there is no specific call or time slot.
- Once an application is received it is evaluated by LCS and a decision report issued to the applicant.
- The activity should have been concluded in the previous 12 months of the application date.
- An organisation can apply once in each award category in any 12 month period.
The application evaluation will check that the application has:
- A detailed description of the impact that occurred.
- A clear description of what activity was undertaken and how it was delivered.
- Evidence that the impact taking place that would not have occurred without the activity.
- An explanation of why it was undertaken.
- Details of who was involved and when the activity occurred.
- Positive stakeholder endorsement.
Ingeus Team Award – Continuous Improvement Academy Team Impact
Summary: Launching a CI Academy drives increased capability, better decisions, effects change and boosts customer service. Ingeus is a leadingLearn more
Ingeus Organisation Award – Continuous Improvement Strategy Execution
Ingeus is a leading people services provider, delivering long-term, impactful projects to enable better lives. Working for commissioners at natLearn more
Background Ingeus is a leading people services provider, delivering impactful projects to enable better lives at both national and regional levLearn more
Background As there were many Greek tutors offering private or group lessons to students who would like to learn Greek, I tried to identify myLearn more
Hilti Global Logistics Organization
LCS Impact Award: Engaging people and creating value through lean upskilling Background Hilti stands for quality, innovation, and direct customLearn more
World Courier – New Hyde Park
Background Building on its world-class business model, World Courier kicked off the Center of Excellence (COE) initiative at the beginning of 2Learn more
Continuous Improvement Culture & Capability Build
Background Sellafield Ltd Group Business Services (GBS) is a Multi-Functional Shared Service organisation. Delivering operational services in PLearn more
Establishing Global CI Impact & Sustainability
Background LGC is a leading, global life science tools company, providing mission-critical components and solutions into high-growth applicatioLearn more
Lean Programme Sustainability
Background GuideWell is a mutual insurance holding company based in Florida, primarily focused on health insurance. GuideWell companies includeLearn more
Programme Director Effectiveness
Background Eduardo is a highly experienced lean practitioner, who has held senior roles with Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Resource SolutionsLearn more