About our Terms:
- These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://www.leancompetency.org/ (our site). You should read these terms carefully before using the site.
- By accessing or using our site or otherwise indicating consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
- You are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of our site.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using our site immediately.
Who we are and how to contact us:
- https://www.leancompetency.org/ is a site operated by Lean Competency Services Ltd (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08624706 and have our registered office at 5, Clive Crescent, Penarth, South Glamorgan, CF64 1AT.
- To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find our contact information on our site by following this link https://www.leancompetency.org/contact/.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- If you purchase goods and/or services from our site, terms and conditions of supply will apply to the provision of the goods and/or services and such terms and conditions will be provided to you.
We may make changes to these terms and our site
- We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- We may suspend or withdraw your access to our site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms or any other terms or policies which may be applicable to you or any applicable law.
Your privacy and personal information
We may transfer this Agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
You must keep your account details safe
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us email@example.com.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- Our site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any content are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable).
- Intellectual property rights mean rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means for example, that we and they remain owners of them and are free to use them as we and they see fit.
- Nothing in these terms grants you any legal rights in our site other than necessary to enable you to access our site. You agree to not adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on our site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within our site.
- Trademarks such as our logo are our trademarks and any third-party trademarks used on our site are trademarks of that third-party. Other trademarks and trade names may also be used on our site. The use of any trademarks on our site us strictly prohibited unless you have our written permission.
Do not rely on information on this site
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including the submission and contribution of articles and discussion content within forums. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user:
- You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Uploading content to our site
- You warrant that you will not upload any content which is unlawful, false, misleading, defamatory, libellous, pornographic, violent in nature, racist, homophobic or otherwise promotes hatred, nor will you upload any content or any pattern of content which constitutes harassment, or which might otherwise bring us or our business into disrepute.
- You also warrant that you will not upload any content or use our site in any way that is unlawful, fraudulent, malicious or which is designed to harass, intimidate, bully or defame any other user.
- You agree that you will be liable to us and that you will indemnify us for any breach of the warranties set out above.
- If any aspect of the site enables you to communicate with other users, you warrant that you will use such features responsibly and not engage in any communication which is unlawful or offensive. You acknowledge that all communications which may feature on our site represent the personal opinions of other users and that they are not necessarily reflective of our views or endorsed by us in anyway. You agree that we will not be liable for those views or opinions or for any consequences of the expression of those views or opinions.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties and other users.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- We are not responsible for any disputes between users of our site, nor for any arrangements which they may enter into between themselves using it. Such arrangements are private transactions for which we accept no responsibility.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- We will try to resolve any disputes quickly and efficiently, if you are unhappy with us, please contact us as soon as possible.
- We will try to resolve all disputes through good faith discussions with you, however, if a dispute cannot be resolved the following provisions apply: