Level 1A - Awareness
A practitioner with a KCS Level 1A certificate should have awareness and a basic understanding of Toyota Kata and the application of Scientific Thinking. The ability to understand and articulate the basic principles of Toyota Kata, and to have had first experience of using it in a training environment..
Prerequisite for Level 1A
There are no prerequisites for this level.
The Level 1A practitioner should know and understand the:
- Origin and evolution of Toyota Kata
- Brain biases and the need for scientific thinking
- Meaning and purpose of a Kata
- Concept of a Kata for developing new habits and mindset
- Four steps of the Improvement Kata
- Five questions of the Coaching Kata
The Level 1A practitioner should be able to:
- Participate in a controlled application through an instructional classroom experience for example, using the Kata in Classroom 1 exercise.
At the end of the course aligned to L1A learners will:
- Be aware of the need for a more scientific way of thinking and working together and be interested in practicing Toyota Kata.
- Understand the Toyota Kata skill building process and decide if and how to get started in their organisation.
- Be able to work towards their first Target Condition through coaching.
The assessment should demonstrate that the outcomes have been achieved.
An assessment that demonstrates the learner can remember and understand L1A Kata knowledge, for example, through a multiple choice test, problem or case-based exams, oral exam, essay exam.
Evidence of participation in a controlled application through an instructional classroom experience using the Kata in Classroom 1 exercise.