The assessment shall demonstrate that the outcomes have been achieved.
A knowledge assessment that demonstrates the learner can remember and understand Level 3A Kata knowledge, for example, through a multiple choice test, problem or case-based exams, oral exam, essay exam.
A Level 3A coach should be able to show that they have used Toyota Kata to develop a more scientific, learning and exploring mindset and way of working together across multiple teams or an entire organization, which has resulted in substantial and evident culture modification.
Specific areas of evidence include:
- The habitual and daily use of Improvement and Coaching Kata in several teams, areas of an organisation or value stream, at all management levels.
- That habits became established with managers coaching for scientific thinking.
- That the challenges and subsequent individual target conditions being worked on were clearly linked to the highest level of organisational strategy.
- That by practicing Toyota Kata an organisation achieved a significant improvement or challenge.
Evidence shall be provided through case study, which should include:
- Training records and proof of achievement for Improvers and Coaches (showing attainment of Levels 1 and 2 of this model)
- Evidence of Improvement & Coaching cycles and how they take place on a regular basis delivering multiple Target Conditions
- Explanation of how the improvement efforts links to strategy, how this strategy has been deployed to all levels and how Target Conditions have been developed
- Testimonials from leaders, managers and team members through transcripts, video, recordings.