How do I apply for LCS Approved?
The application process
Complete an online Application Form, which collects detailed information about the product, including its features and the lean benefits it offers its users. The LCS reviews the application and provides feedback. If the application is accepted, work on customer corroboration starts and when that stage is satisfactorily completed, the process ends with a Sign Off meeting, signalling formal approval.
The Application Form requires you to:
- Provide detailed information on the product – e.g. technical specification, features, market positioning.
- Describe the product’s key benefits and the value it delivers.
- Explain how the product supports lean practices and implementation.
- Provide information on existing customer feedback mechanisms, or for new products, how customer corroboration will be evidenced.
Customer endorsement of the lean benefits of the product is central to gaining LCS Approved status and the method to evidence this includes:
- Evaluating existing customer data on the product’s performance.
- Obtaining feedback from a sample of product customers/users
- Testing with customers/users the product owner’s claims about its lean benefits and its impact lean implementation.
- Evaluate the product’s performance based on the experience of those using it.
- Piloting activity, including product use evaluation and gathering suggestions for improvement.