Taiichi Ohno on the Toyota Production System
Simon Elias, Director, Lean Competency System | 18th July 2020 | comments
Classic video of the ‘father of contemporary lean’ discussing the Toyota Production System.
Ten Precepts to think and act to win.
- First reduce waste.
- First say, “I can do it.” And try before everything.
- The workplace is a teacher. You can find answers only in the workplace.
- Do anything immediately. Starting something right now is the only way to win.
- Once you start something, persevere with it. Do not give up until you finish it.
- Explain difficult things in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Repeat things that are easy to understand.
- Waste is hidden. Do not hide it. Make problems visible.
- Valueless motions are equal to shortening one’s life. Re-improve what was improved for further improvement.
- Wisdom is given equally to everybody. The point is whether one can exercise it.
Test | 26th July 2022
Rose Sgueglia | 24th February 2021
Simon Elias | 25th October 2020