The Buckingham Housing Repairs Game was created by John Bicheno, Director of the Buckingham Lean Enterprise Unit (formerly a member of LERC). The version on sale has been adapted slightly by Simon Elias & Sarah Lethbridge (Cardiff Business School) over recent years.
The game is suitable for introducing key lean/CI principles and concepts to those working is service organisations, especially in operations, delivery, planning functions. It can be viewed as an alternative to games that tend to simulate manufacturing operations.
- It is ideally used at the start of a training course
- No prior knowledge of lean thinking is required of players
- It can take between 3 and 6 hours to play
- It requires a minimum of 9 players, with a maximum of 18
- A train-the-trainer facilitated session can be arranged if necessary (for an additional fee)
Contents of the Purchased Game (packaged in a durable plastic box)