20th June 2019
The LCS is pleased to announce that Joep van Nieuwstadt has been appointed as LCS European Business Associate. Based in the Netherlands, Joep will support existing accredited organisations and help develop the LCS presence in northern mainland Europe.
Joep has a strong reputation in the world of certification and accreditation. He was the general manager of a Dutch training provider for informatics (1977-1991), associated with the University of Tilburg and later of EXIN, the Examination Institute for Informatics.
As the CEO of EXIN, from 1997 until 2010, he was responsible for the international exploration of EXIN that changed from a typical Dutch Organisation to a global player for IT Certification.
From 2010 Joep became Director of Nieuwstadt Consultancy and in this role he was contracted by different Organisations in Europe and the US, including PeopleCert, Quint Wellington Redwood, IACCM, IASSC, TüV Akademie Germany and others.
Interests & Notable Positions
- Publications about education in informatics related to quality issues
- Co-founder of the Dutch Association for Training Providers for Information Science (VOI)
- Board member of the Qualification Board for ITIL for OGC in the UK (1997-2006)
- Chair of the European project for ISPL (Information Services Procurement Library), leading to a publication of 8 books and a certification program, with 5 European parties
- Member Qualification Board ITIL of APMG UK (2007-2009)
- Member Exam Board Delft Top Tech (Master Program IT Governance) at the University of Delft, the Netherlands (1996-2018)
- Member of the Board of the European e-skills Association (2007-2011)
- Contracting agents in North America and Germany for sublicenses
- Starting entities in every part of the world for EXIN, including searching people as regional managers and sales managers