Applying for Accreditation
A submission portfolio is assembled using the online accreditation submission form.
The submission describes the key components of the training programme or system, including the background, courses, topics, assessments, management and support. This is evaluated by the LCS to ensure that it is aligned effectively with the LCS framework and has the capability to deliver effective learning and practical capability over the two-year licence period.
Key points about the application
- You can accredit to any number of LCS levels - for example, just to Level 1a or to Levels 1a, 1b and 1c
- You can add levels at only point during your accreditation period
- There is no fee for increasing the number of levels covered
- The LCS provides submission feedback via a progress checklist
- A Word version of the submission form is available if you cannot use the online version
- The sign off meeting usually takes place at the applicant's offices or can be web based.
- With Standard accreditation, an invoice for 50% of the fee is raised on receipt of the Registration Form
Application Stages & Timing
The first-time accreditation process typically takes between one and three months to complete, from Registration Form receipt to Sign Off meeting completion
The stages are as follows:
- Registration form submitted (applicant)
- Planning; can include a gap analysis and timetable (applicant)
- Portfolio assembled and submitted (applicant)
- Review and feedback (LCS/applicant)
- Final submission (applicant)
- Sign off meeting (LCS/applicant)
- Welcome pack sent (LCS)
Registration Form & Submission Form
Click on Registration to complete an online Registration Form, which signals your intent to accredit. Click on Submission to complete an online Accreditation Submission Form and to access a range of resources and guides about the process.